Signs of Fire and Water Damage in Your Business
After an accident or natural disaster, don’t let these signs go unnoticed:
Learn more about the factors that make these indicators potential workplace hazards in our FAQs below. These signs should be addressed quickly by licensed professionals to mitigate harm and ensure full property recovery.
Answers to Your Financial Institution Restoration FAQs
PENCO is proud to provide restoration services for a broad range of businesses across the Southeast. Some of the financial centers we specialize in helping include:
- Credit unions
- Accounting firms
- Investment companies
- Brokerage firms
- Mortgage companies
Don’t see your business category on the list? We can likely still help! Give us a call or contact us online to request your free consultation today.
Any disaster or severe accident that affects your business will likely require attention from restoration professionals, but some important signs to look out for include:
- Unpleasant Smell – A musty smell is likely to linger after any flooding, plumbing leak, or other type of water intrusion. Similarly, fire damage may result in furniture and HVAC systems retaining smoke and soot. It’s important to eliminate these contaminated particles to restore healthy air quality.
- Deterioration of Assets and Materials – Paperwork, filing cabinets, computers, printers, and other assets that are important to your work, if not destroyed, may likely have been affected by smoke and water damage.
- Degradation of Furniture – Burn damage, blistering, textile smoke absorption, and brittleness can all diminish the lifespan of furniture or make it totally unsafe for everyday use. Our experts know how to check for these issues and recommend remediation solutions.
- Mold Infestation – When water puts out a fire or flooding invades an interior space, it can create the perfect environment for mold to grow and cause medical issues for employees and guests.
- Fire & Electric Hazards – Physical damage from fires or rescue efforts can result in exposed wiring, damaged power outlets, and floodwater acting as an electrical conduit. In the wake of disaster, damaged or faulty wiring is a common cause of future fires.
After emergency services have done their job, your first step should be to reach out to an experienced professional restoration company. At PENCO, we offer fast response times 24/7/365 for your convenience, and when you contact us, we’ll guide you through the moves you need to make to ensure total safety. We’ll come to you and provide a thorough assessment, in addition to board-up and weatherization services as needed, to tide you over until full restoration can begin.
We Make Recovery Easy
Don’t let contaminated water flow affect your cash flow or fire damage burn through your company’s liquid assets. PENCO Restoration provides comprehensive services to make restoration and reconstruction a more seamless experience.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to ensure we’re always here when you need us. We’ll even assist with submitting your insurance claim to make it easier for you to cover any property losses. Reach out today to get started on your property restoration project.